CALUMET – The Keweenaw Convention & Visitors Bureau (KCVB) is currently seeking candidates for its Keweenaw Marketing Co-Op program. The program provides financial assistance to businesses, local governments and non-profit organizations to implement marketing efforts that promote area events and attractions in Houghton and Keweenaw counties, and / or enhance the visitor experience on the Keweenaw Peninsula. Any business, municipality, county or tribal government or non-profit organization in Houghton or Keweenaw counties is eligible.
âLast year we were able to support several favorite community events, improve trail signage, update zone websites and moreâ shared Brad Barnett, executive director of KCVB. âThis year we have doubled our fundraising budget and look forward to working with community partners to expand the program.
Examples of eligible projects include, but are not limited to,:
– New websites or website updates promoting area attractions
– New orientation signage or improvement of existing signage
– Event sponsorships
– Printed information materials (e.g. brochures, trail maps, guides, etc.)
– Professional photography or video promoting area attractions
– Advertising campaigns promoting the attractions of the region
– Projects to create places that improve the experience of visitors when visiting the Keweenaw
The KCVB will provide prizes of up to $ 5,000. Applicants are required to contribute a minimum of 50% of project costs in the form of cash or in-kind consideration in order to enhance the impact of the investment. Interested parties should submit their applications online by December 20.